Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Case for Edwards 2008

He can win in the heartland - simple as that. John Edwards, given the chance, to run as a Presidential candidate on a national stage would draw enough poor rural voters back into the D column to swing states such Florida, Iowa, Virginia and - who knows - North Carolina?

Don't believe me? Think that Edwards already proved that his country charm ain't worth much?

Then take it from the Bush team: According to the conservative WSJ, "Bush campaign polling data suggest Mr. Edwards's stumping helped the Democratic ticket more than Mr. Kerry's did. Daron Shaw, a University of Texas political scientist close to the Bush team, has calculated that the average Edwards appearence reduced Mr. Bush's poll standing by .389% in affected media markets, more than double the .169% average dent from Kerry visits."

Given the chance to hit the road - I mean, really hit the back roads and rural towns - which he will do, John Edwards can win in 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger halcyon67 said...

I think that Edwards could take some of the states.

But I don't think that any Democrat wants to see someone from this past election who was. I liked Kerry and I did vote for him, and I liked Edwards as well. Hell, I don't know we are going to have as our national candidate.

It would be good if it was someone like Howard Dean. That would absolutely tick off the Bible Belt.

I have no idea, maybe Wesley Clark? Who do you think?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home